Friday, March 06, 2015

Border Prints

Today for the first time in a couple of weeks, I had a day entirely to myself. I knew exactly what I wanted to be doing, and planted myself firmly in the sewing room.

Some left overs of border prints have been kicking around just begging to be made into something, so I got busy cutting:

This one is a left over from a Kaye England project a while back, and super cute. I whipped out the Kaleido Ruler and started making wedges ...

Here are a few of the bits and pieces I've put together so far - I have more stitching in my future, and then a whole lot of quilting and binding. I will love it!

If you think you'd like to make some runners and table toppers like these - don't forget there is a free tutorial available for download over on my web page. Have fun :-)

Update @ 10.30pm:  I just finished this little doodad ready to give away tomorrow:

Tomorrow is our team's last tennis game for the Summer season, and I put this together for my sweet doubles partner Judy. I'm 100% certain she doesn't read this - but if she does, I guess it won't be a surprise. She's such a honey - I will miss playing with her during the Winter season. I'll be playing for the same club in the Wednesday morning ladies doubles comp, but she plays for a different club in Winter. Anyway, I hope she likes it :-)

Back to the sewing machine for me, I have a few bits and pieces I want to finish up before I head to bed xox

2 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Lovely! I love your fabric choices. I'm hoping they are only available in Australia since I have already exceeded my fabric budget this month. Yes, I know it is only the 6th but....

Nancy said...

What an excellent gift! Your friend is going to love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails