Friday, July 04, 2014

Coincidence? I think not!

So, I've been piecing away on the Omigosh! project in stolen moments. There haven't been as many of those moments as I'd like this past week, but Camo is now on school holidays, so maybe I'll have a few more? Here's where I'm at right now:

Check out my shadow there ... I have mad photography skillz!! I should have made up one extra of the nine patch blocks before I decided to post, just to fill in the empty corner. I'll work on that before I head to bed tonight.

But I have to share, I received the most fun email during the week, from my wonderful friend Linda F. Linda and I always seem to love the same projects and fabrics. One day a year or two ago, I called her about a kit I was thinking of ordering to learn that she had ordered the very same one. Now, I had no idea that this was going on, but Linda sent me a picture to share that she is working on her very own Omigosh! project, and she shared a picture:

I hope you don't mind me using your picture Linda, but I think this is too much of a hilarious coincidence not to share. Looks like Linda is way further along than I am, and of course I absolutely adore all the fabrics she has chosen. Seriously, I was gobsmacked when I received Linda's message, but honestly, I shouldn't be surprised, we're like quilting sisters!

And so you don't think my appliqué project is languishing on the sidelines, here is a quick piccy of where I'm at with that:

I'm not certain of those little buds going into the corners just yet, I want to see what it looks like when I select a flower for there - and I'll put a few little leaves and doodads next to that little lonely flower there, or maybe some embroidered stems ... I know the border will tell me what it needs as I go along.

Last of all, I just had to share a fabric purchase I made this week:

Now, I haven't been purchasing nearly as much fabric lately as I usually would - I'm very conscious of the fact that I'm not using my fabric very fast, and I have a stash that blocks out the sun. However when I worked at Hetties Patch on Wednesday, this fabric was in plain view of the counter and calling to me very loudly. There was only 85cm left on the bolt, and I decided that it simply had to be mine. Isn't it gorgeous? I have no clue what I'll do with it, but I think it will live nicely alongside my French General stash. Happy happy :-)

Tomorrow will be a fun day, it's the 'Not the Farmers Wife' sewing group visit at Shay's house. It's sure to be a fun day ... and unlikely that much stitching will be done, a lot of chattering, laughing and eating if the past is anything to go by. Super fun!

Alrighty, I'm off to do chores and then whip up that last block, chatter soon! xox

9 comments:

julieQ said...

OH, I just really love your Omigosh quilt...it is so much fun!! Such tiny pieces!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is very hard to not buy fabric - I have been trying very hard to not do that unless I need it or if it is on a very good sale. I do not go through it quickly and have fabric on my shelves for years that I have not touched. I still love Omigosh so much and feel I must make this one too but have too many going on right now to jump in. I will just have to watch yours grow instead.

Heartsdesire said...

Your Omigosh quilt looks wonderful. How funny that your friend is working on the same pattern, and you didn't know. It will be interesting to see them side by side when you both finish.

Nancy said...

How fun that you and your friend are working on the same project!

Teresa Rawson said...

I love your Ohmigosh quilt...that is definitely on my bucket list...simply beautiful workmanship and fabrics!

Shay said...

You;re going to bring Ohmigosh for show and tell arent you? I cant wait to see it in person. You are Linda have a psychic quilting connection for sure!

Gawd- I have no idea what Im feeding you all for snacks today - guess I better go and sort that out. I also have no idea what Im working on since I havent yet cut out any Lucy Boston bits - you can all throw fussy cutting advice at me to get me started!

Anonymous said...

So happy for you that you bought that lovely piece even though you "have a stash that blocks out the sun". Thanks for the laugh on that comment. Love your Omigosh quilt; love, love, love scrappy quilts. The applique piece is gorgeous!

Lorraine

Deb said...

Oh my gosh is right I have this pattern and know how small these pieces are. I love all the blocks and you are giving me incentive to yet start another project!! LOL

Sue said...

Gorgeous as usual! Love the fabrics!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails