Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Quilt Sighting #6 and Appliqué Update

It has been a while since I've reported a quilt sighting - though I have had a few that I've forgotten to report. Has anyone seen the quilt on the episode of Auction Hunters? It had motorcycle parts wrapped in it. Ohhh the horror! I was in such shock that I forgot to take a picture ... but anyways ...

This quilt was in a recent rerun of Everybody Loves Raymond. If I recall correctly, I think it was the episode where they decide to be healthy at Thanksgiving. It's such a sweet quilt, take a look:

I've always wanted to make a Lone Star quilt, I've made a block or two, and of course the tree skirts, but never a whole quilt. Some day it will happen, you just can't rush these things ...

And here's where I'm up to with the BOM appliqué. It's fair to say that I've relaxed a little about the broderie perse - I'm not being as fussy with it, and it's actually coming along quite well.

Does anyone know if the size of the flower motifs is exactly the same between the Dutch Chintz and the Petra Prinz fabrics? With some of my motifs there is just no way that the pieces would fit in the spaces between the stems, or between the stems and the scallops. I wondered if the chintz flowers and leaves were maybe a little larger ... but I'm fairly certain the answer is that my placement is not quite good enough. I've used different motifs where things just won't fit, and I'm happy with how it's coming along.

I've now seen part two of this project, and I'm really looking forward to getting started on it - must finish the first instalment though! Chatter soon xox

8 comments:

Shay said...

EEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!! I actually had that very same quilt until about a year ago when I gifted it to Miss P!

suzanne, dutchess county NY said...

Your doing a lovely job! I've yet to try broderie perse. I always chicken out and needle turn appliqué.

Nancy said...

You are making wonderful progress on the block!

Carmen y Prady said...

Un trabajo precioso, nos ha encantado.
Un beso

sandra said...

Cant wait to start mine.I have dug out some Elly Sienkiewicz books and am going to practice needleturn(again) while I wait. If I remember correctly there are some one quilts in the Little Women movie ( the one with winona rider as Jo)

Judy Dietrich said...

The broderie perse stitching looks wonderful----all the blues and pinks sparkle next to each other!!

Teresa Rawson said...

Lovely, lovely...your Broderie perse look PERFECT! Thanks for the quilt sighting...that is really fun!

sandra said...

There is a post on Di Ford's Facebook page Which says that the Den Hagenmaker's Chintz is a bit bigger than the Petra Prins one. The post is by Sally Bramald dated Feb24th and Di has commented on that post. She says the Hagenmakers chintz doesn't fit the space like the Chintz in the kit.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails