Friday, March 07, 2014

Di Ford BOM Progress

I've made a little more progress on my BOM applique block, it has been a super busy week, but I've managed to put a few fiddly bits in place.

The stems are now in place - I didn't use the technique in the pattern, I used my trusty quarter inch bias tape maker, and I'm happy with the results. Once the stems were done, I could finish off the basket. I'm still thinking that I'll slightly move the handle on the right, but I'll wait until I'm done with the broderie perse. I may be prepared to live with it by then.

Something that is super exciting - my sweet friend Linda is going to be making this project too - Linda and I always seem to love the same quilts, and it will be such fun to be able to keep each other motivated.

I'm hearing whispers (and seeing evidence) that Issue 100 of Quilt Mania is out now, and that means that the next instalment of this project is going to be in my hot little hands soon. I better get motoring along, as I don't want to fall behind! Chatter soon! xox

6 comments:

Linda said...

I absolutely can not see anything wrong with the handle--with either handle! It looks absolutely lovely and I'm so happy you're happy quilting again! Have a good one. Lurking Linda

Shay said...

Perfectly adorable as always...I may have to get a lesson from you in how to use my bias tape maker...I have two gathering dust.

Judy Dietrich said...

I would think a handmade pot would have two unique handles!! If they were perfect, it would be machine made & therefore totally boring!!! You are giving future historians something to " find"

Anonymous said...

If the bugging you thing is that it's not symmetrical, it's not the handle that is the problem, it is the lip of the pot. The right side is a little larger than the left. Now, personally, I could handle this. However, now that I've said it, I presume you will feel compelled to change it so you're completely satisfied. As Sheldon would say, "you're welcome!" ;-)

Teresa Rawson said...

Wow, I thought I was harder on myself than anyone else could be on themselves, but you win, LOL! I love your pot - so interesting with all the different great fabrics. Right now it looks like one of my houseplants that has not done well with the dry air in the winter house...it is all stems...

AnnieO said...

I like a handle with a little attitude:)
The stems look great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails